Monday, November 23, 2015

   This past week, Ben used his money to buy the Monopoly board game. So naturally the past couple of days have been filled with laughter and rage as properties are bought and upgraded. A couple nights ago was no different. While mom made dinner, we traded properties, bought house/hotels, and moved our tokens around the board. As the first few people got out, the game grew more and more intense. Throughout the entire game, my five houses on the greens weren't giving me much income. Pretty soon my money dwindled to extinction.

   After a few more minutes, it was down to Dad and Jack. Surprisingly enough, Jack had been beating everybody by an enormous amount. With hotels on the pink monopoly, Jack was raking in a large sum of money. But as people began dropping out, Dad began building his inventory. Once Caroline, Ben, and I landed on Dad's red monopoly, it was all over. To Jack's great disappointment, Dad came out victorious.

3 comments:

  1. I love Monopoly also! But as my good friend Josiah Dyches once said, "Monopoly is not a game that brings families together. It's the game that slowly tears them apart."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is so good at that game- I can't believe it!!! He beat me every time I played against him. Congrats Mr. Jimmy!!!

    ReplyDelete